At this point, I have seen Amy once since she put the folded bills into my back pocket. It was then that I heard the story of how she came to have enough money to be able to tithe a few hundred dollars.
As I mentioned before, Amy doesn't have a lot of income. And she has a lot of expenses. She has taken in numerous stray animals of all types over the years. She is an animal whisperer.
Recently, one of Amy's animals had become deathly ill - so sick that he had to be hospitalized. The hospital bill alone was around $4,500. The medication that was prescribed was another $500. Mary put these expenses on her credit card.
I don't know how long after this that a woman gave Amy a check for $5,000. This woman hasn't had much money in her life, either, but the generosity of a relative had recently brought her some unexpected income. And because Amy has spent many hours with this woman's granddaughter, building her confidence and teaching her about caring for animals, this woman wanted to thank Mary with a big, fat check!
I have not been one to trust the universe to supply all that I need, to trust Life - or whatever anyone would want to call it - enough to give away money that could pay my bills. I listen to Amy's story, I watch her display an impeccable trust, and I have to say that something in me starts to wonder if everything doesn't all work out if we just let go of the need to control and then get out of the way of Life.
I was given this money as a tithe because Amy thought I was a source of spiritual food for her. But who is getting fed here? Amy is knocking down some old beliefs in me. Beliefs about having enough. I should be tithing to Amy!
Or maybe we are all big platters of spiritual food for each other. Everything is already here; take what you need. There is enough for all of us.
Next time, I will tell you about the first donation that I made out of this Sacred Money.
No comments:
Post a Comment