The Story We Call "2014"
It is 3ᵒ Fahrenheit on this, the
last day that we call 2014.
I don't feel an ending.
Isn't every moment
a beginning?
You say something ends
before the new begins, and
that may be true. Or
maybe it's all just rolling like
ocean waves - there's really no end to
a wave - but blending, morphing
swirling, ever renewing
NewnessOldnessSamenessChangingChangelessness.
Some brains - like mine,
for instance - can't find the
moment plains become mountains,
air becomes sky, I become All. Light
can always be found in the darkness.
At 12:01 in what we call
tomorrow, even though the sky
will still be black and
our hair will not have
grown one iota longer,
we will say Happy 2015. I
can play along.
And it gives me great joy
to review a package of laughs
and tears and learning all bundled up
in words: 2014. And, even more,
the fun of new possibility
and happy wishes to all
for love, joy, and
meaningful adventures
in 2015!
Some Memories of the Story of 2014

2 comments:
Happy New Year, dear Carol!
Thank you, Mel! May 2015 bring all good things!
Post a Comment