Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Futures

I am noticing how much I live in the future, even when the future is only a few minutes or hours away.

I am cleaning today because I use visitors as my excuse for keeping things nice and orderly around here. Normally, I don't mind a little dog hair or a few piles of books and papers. But when someone will be coming over, well, I guess I have my pride.

So as I pull out the vacuum, instead of just rolling it out into the living room, paying attention to its weight against my arms and how it picks up the thread a dog freed from a rope, I realize that I'm thinking about what needs to be cleaned before my friend arrives. What's next? What's next? What did I forget? What's next?

THERE IS NO NEXT!

This is it, baby! Enjoy!


No comments: