Saturday, September 14, 2019

The Gift

When I was about nineteen, I met a young man, probably at a dance club, and we went on an afternoon date in the mountains. I don't remember the man's name, but I can see him in my mind, and I can also remember riding in his little green Triumph with the top down, going down a highway that, at that time, had very little traffic. The highway was so quiet, that when the man's hat blew off, he had all the time in the world to put his car into reverse, open the door, and pick the hat up off the road.

As we drove down from the mountains, the wind and this song created a wild dance of my hair and heart:




Not long after that date, the man would write me love letters. I was busy looking in a different direction. But I am so grateful for that memory. Especially for the song. When it comes to mind, which only happens every few years, I blast it from the speakers and dance wildly like my hair did that day.

What song will you drop into someone's life today?

No comments: